Re: smart array problem

You need to run the array configuration utility.  It should be on a smartstart CD that came with
your server, or, on a CD which came with your storage.  Boot from the CD and config your arrays
from there.

I imagine (but am not sure) you can probably get smartstart ISO imaages off the net if you don't
have the CDs.  Search around on the HP website, I guess.  (I know it's not the best organized
website in the world.)

You might be able to configure the arrays from ROM based setup as well -- the option rom for the
smartarray controller you have attached to the MSA500 should run when you boot the system, and you
press F??  F-something, can't remember which F-key, offhend.  It shows on the screen though.  I
think that should let you configure the MSA500 also, but I'm not completely sure about that.
Also, the ROM based config utility is limited compared to what's on the CDs, so if you want to set
up something different thant the simple setups the ROM based one will let you do, you need the
array config utility on the CD.

Hope that helps

-- steve