a few questions on RPM

Hi
I am a newbie to RPM , so pardon me for any silly questions

a. Is it possible to have something like the installation based on Install Type (like Typical, Complete, Custom as in Windows) in RPM, if yes how?

b. If I want to execute some prerequisites before even starting the installation, I can put them under %pre header. Can I use the same to execute any Libraries (.so or any script for that matter), which will be part of the %files section, and conditionally proceed with the installation?

c. Is it possible to copy some files based on some conditions ? i.e inside %files section is it possible to say that <based on this condition> copy this file

d. I have a product which depends on various sub components (or sub-products). These sub-products have files on their own and their own installation scripts and checks. The selection of these sub-products and their files, depends on the install type selected by the user. This is how it is in Windows, if I want to simulate something in RPM which would do the same, should I make use of subpackages and make each sub-product a subpackage ?

Thanks
Lakshmi