%post helper scripts

Hello,

I have a question regarding the %post script (this probably relates to other scripts as well).

Right now I am packaging one of our projects with RPM. Once this package is installed I will need to do some things in order to get the program running correctly:

* Create a database user
* Create a database
* Fill the database with some data

The above tasks translates into a bit long %post script. I would like to split these tasks out of the spec file to make it a bit more clear and easier to read and just call a helper script from %post:

%post
if [ "$1" = "1" ]; then
  post-install.sh
fi

If I want to do something like this do I need to install the post-install.sh scripts as part of the package or is there some other way to include the script in the RPM file without installing it?

Is this possible? Perhaps there exists some kind of best practice for doing this kind of think already?

Any hints will be greatly appriciated!

Regards,
Mattias