Share code between install-time script and trigger?

I've often found myself in the situation where I need a "triggerpostun" that does excatly the same as "post" - because an older version of the package has an incorrectly written "preun" or "postun". Is there any way I can have post and triggerpostun, or more generally one of the scripts and a trigger, share commands - besides packaging them as a script file? Essentially, I want to say something like

%post AND %triggerpostun -- %{name} < 2.0
< commands>

but the syntax indicated here is probably not supported...

- Toralf