How to undefine a macro via /etc/rpm/macros or similar

I think I have now identified the real issue regarding my problems with enable/disable of the debug package - see my post from earlier today. Essentially, it all boils down to one simple question:

How do I undefined a macro in a "macros" file, i.e. in /etc/rpm/macros, ~/.rpmmacros or similar - as opposed to a spec file (where I'd use %undefine)?

Specifically, /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/macros on my system has

%_enable_debug_packages 1

I want to revert this setup in /etc/rpm/macros. I mean fully cancel out the effect of the above line, not set the macro body to value to 0 or "nil". How can this be done?

- Toralf