Re: rpmlib 4.1.1 rpmReadPackageInfo

On 11/2/05, Jim Peden <jimpeden@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just started doing development with rpmlib. Have done a good bit of Linux
> development.
>
> When I found out I'd be using rpmlib I looked around and found Maximum RPM and
> the examples. When I try to build the examples it died on
> rpmReadPackageInfo(). I took a quick look in rpmlib.h only to find it is was
> not in there. Figured out that RPM Max is based on an older version. Looked
<snip>

API's have changed quite a bit, mainly to be less header centric and
more transaction centric.  A good example of how to do various things
would be in the perl-RPM2 bindings in the RPM2.xs file.   I think
aptrpm is written in either C or C++ so it would have good examples
also.   Finally, if you look at the rpm source and look at the CLI
code and lib/rpmInstall.c (I think that is it) there are bountifull
examples in there.

Finally, I have been advised by Jeff Johnson that using the CLI api's
rather than going directly to librpm might be the preferable option,
but he would have to speak more directly to that.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is good documentation anymore on
using librpm.

Cheers...james