Re: Handling postun scripts in Upgrade scenario with spec files

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 10:05 +0530, Kala B wrote:
> Hi,

First off I'd like to repeat the plea to only ask your question once -
it is generally enough.

> I have a spec file, where in %post I add my library path
> to /etc/ld.so.conf. When I uninstall the package, I remove the same
> from /etc/ld.so.conf.
> Now when I have a newer version of my code, my users could either
> install just the newer version or upgrade from the older version.
> When users upgrade, an install of the newer rpm works fine ( adds
> to /etc/ld.so.conf ) and then uninstall of the older version removes
> the just added path from  /etc/ld.so.conf.
>
> Does rpm spec file give me help to handle such situations?
> Any idea on how this scenario must be handled?

http://rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-inside-scripts.html#S2-RPM-INSIDE-ERASE-TIME-SCRIPTS

Check your arguments.

For fixing deployed rpms you can either manually do with --noscripts and
fix or if things are deployed and you are not in a situation to fix
manually you could use a trigger to fix up.

Paul