Re: About creating .rpmnew files

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 21:56 +0200, Jos Vos wrote:

> BTW, While looking for details for noreplace, I found another macro:
> > %ghost > > What's that exactly?

Files that are not installed with the package, but administratively
are considered to belong to the package and are removed when the
package is uninstalled.  Typical examples are pid/log/lock files.

In the same vein, there are plenty of other macros that more routined
spec writers than me seem to use (%global is one example of many) that
don't occur in /etc/rpm and to which no reference is made in maximum or
Guru labs. Where can I find out about these? How did they ever find
out???

--Tonni

--
Mail: tonye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx