Re: a necassary RPM is arealdy installed but wants to installed

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 13:46 +0200, Norman.Trapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> when I try to install on our RHEL Versoin 3 update 2 the
> "Compatibility Arch Support"  via Add/Remove Software. The system
> tells me to install some necassary Packages.
> But when i try to install them, i can see they are already installed.
> What can i do now? Is this a bug?

You don't give sufficient details to enable evaluation of your problem.

> When I force the rpm installation the package will be intalled, but
> the systems goes on displying the message "a needed Package must be
> installed .. "

This list is for general RPM discussion and support.  Further more the
issue you seem to be having is with the installer.

Please contact Red Hat for RHEL specific support

https://www.redhat.com/apps/support/

Paul