Re: rpm uninstall

Manga Padmaja wrote:
> Thanks! for the reply. I removed the %dir , but still after uninstall
> the directory is removed. Any other option i can specify in spec file
> to prevent from install directory getting deleted.

I agree with the previous poster.  The problem is that you have the
directory listed.  You say you removed it from your spec file but it
was still removed.  That does not make sense.  Double check
everything.  I can only believe that you were still removing the
previous package with the directory in the package and not the new
package without it.

These command might be useful:

  rpm -qlv yourpackagename

  rpm -qplv yourpackagename-X.Y-Z-ARCH.rpm

They list out the files that are in the package.  The first what is
installed.  The second what is in the package file on disk.

Bob