Re: How to Solve File Conflicts

Manilal K M wrote:
>   I am trying to build an rpm for a keyboard-layout software. I need
> to change the files in
> /usr/lib/iiim/le/unitle/MALAYALAM/data/inscript.data to my own. I have
> built the RPM. but when I try to install it gives conflict errors. if
> I give --force it will work. But I have to incoporate this file into
> the distro so that when the OS get installed (thru anaconda) the new
> RPM should also be installed. But in actual case this is not working.
> Any thoughts on how to resolve conflicts in SPEC file

If you rebuild the rpm with your changes then it sounds like you are
trying to rpm --install the rpm package instead of rpm --upgrade it.

  rpm -Uvh your-package.rpm

Not:

  rpm -ivh your-package.rpm  # not this one

Upgrading replaces the old package with your new package.  Install
tries to leave the old package and also install your new package.
Installing is useful when you want multiple different versions of
packages installed and none of the files overlap.  But that is not
your case.

Bob