Re: make install error

Tim Mooney wrote:
> In regard to: make install error, Adrian Mak said (at 8:04am on Aug 20,
> 2005):

> Although there's nothing technically wrong with doing so, most of the spec
> files I've seen don't bury the Summary so far down in the header.  The
> Summary generally (as a matter of style, not a technical requirement) is
> near the top, close to "Name:", "Version:", etc.

Also the guideline is not to mention the package name in the summary
line.  The package name is already known.  Many tools that present a
GUI to the user will format the summary next to the package name.  In
which case it looks silly.

I realize that at least one vendor package does list the name in the
summary for MySQL.  That does not make it any less of a mistake.  At
least one vendor does a better job of it and says:

Bob