Re: Remove GPG signature from rpm?

Jason Pyeron wrote:

I know this is not the answer to your question per say but,
does rpm --nosignature --nodigest -i help any?
Depends on how you see it. This will help if the key is actually missing, but redhat-install-packages seems to report key error even when it isn't (and the package is signed), i.e. in cases where a simple rpm -i (or rpm -U) will happily install the package.

In other words, it may seem like GPG-signed packages simply can't be installed using the Red Hat 9 version of redhat-install-packages... Actually, I thought I had done this successfully in the past, but perhaps not; like I said, "rpm -U" will often work for the same packages, and even the "package group" interface of redhat-config-packages may be able to handle them. In any case, we now need to distribute software for which we only have a signed package, to customers (still) using Red Hat 9. I'd really like to allow them use the GUI when installing, but on our test setup at least, that just won't work ;-( And I'm talking about 3rd party software (used by one of our own applications) that I'd rather not rebuild from scratch if I can avoid it...

The bug does not indicate one way or another on this.