Re: How to define symbolic links within a RPM spec file...

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 05:09:31PM -0400, James Welch (jimwelc) wrote:
> Basically, I am wondering if there is some way within the *.spec to
> define symbolic links in a way that the RPM handles the creation rather
> than relying on my manual %post and %postun script actions.

Sure -- just create them in your BuildRoot area in your %install section
like you would any other file. Remember that symlinks are just special files
that contain the name of what they're pointing to. (Just make sure to make
any relative symlinks based on the final real location, not the BuildRoot
one.)

Also, remember that creating files in /usr/local is generally considered bad
RPM form.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>