Conditional installing of files from RPM based on REDHAT version.

I need to install files from an RPM based on the version of Redhat Linux running on that machine. How can I best determine the version (Kernel?) and install or NOT install a file based on that version. My situation is that my RPM may be installed on RH 7.3 or Enterprise 3.0 or 4.0. If it's Enterprise 3.0, I have a special library I need installed but that library will cause the installation to fail on RH7.3 due to a failed dependency of this library on other Entreprise libraries NOT found on RH7.3. I don't want to make separate RPMs for each RH version. I also don't want to use '--nodeps' because that would be global for all files being installed.