Re: managing symlinks

tir, 28.06.2005 kl. 01.21 skrev Dan Trainor:

> I was curious as to how I am supposed to create symlinks that are for
> this package, upon installation.
>
> When I list the links in %files and they go through the install routine,
> what I end up with is copies of the files that should have been
> symlink'd - not the symlinks themselves.  I am creating symlinks
> manually from within %post.  This is the only solution which I've found.

Relative newbie here, but learning fast ;)

I also do this manually, but during the install stage. There's nothing
about symlinks in
Edward C. Bailey's HOWTO. If there is another way ...

> Are there any special precautions which I need to take when creating
> symlinks, and creating them properly, so that they are removed when I
> uninstall an RPM?

I did an rpm2cpio on an rpm I built, then 'cpio -itvI' on the resulting
archive. It showed the symlink and the target beautifully, in the
installed directory 'rpm -qf symlink' gave me my installed rpm, so i
figure that 'rpm -e' will remove it.

--Tonni

--
mail: tonye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx