RE: AutoReqProv

On June 1, 2005 8:08:32 AM -0700 Aaron Hanson <a.hanson@xxxxxx> wrote:

Well, that's not an rpm dependency; libgpm.so merely needs to
be installed
*with* ncurses (not necessarily before).  However, since
ncurses must be installed before mysql, I would expect that
this means libgpm must also be installed before mysql.  (All
the corequisites of a prerequisite should also be
prerequisites, I would think.  If not, that sounds like a
bug.)

	The basic dependency -is- observed; in other words, I can't
install mysql without also installing ncurses and gpm. But the install
order isn't right. Mysql has this dependency 'Requires(post): ncurses'.
To enable something in the mysql package to really use the ncurses
library during the %post script, ncurses -and- gpm must be installed
before mysql...

Then no, the dependency isn't correctly met.
Does 'Prereq: ncurses' make a difference?

Frank