RE: Comparing RPM files

Hi Avram -

	I would suspect some other error in your process; if the md5sums
for the files are different, then the files are different.

	But to investigate this further, I would suggest you use
'rpm2cpio'. Example:

cat <my-rpm-file> | rpm2cpio | cpio -iudv

	This will allow you to quickly extract the files from an rpm,
after which you can use 'diff' or whatever on the specific files you
need to compare. Check the man pages for more options.

-Aaron