Re: How to see options enabled in the RPM

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 07:16 -0400, James Olin Oden wrote:

> So the short answer is, no there is no way to get this information,
> but the long answer distills down to there is no way to accomplish
> this with the current rpm build paradigm.
>
> Someone correct me if I am wrong...james

You're not wrong. :-)

I just add that not every software build uses configure / autoconf, so
configure meta information is not the only thing we'd have to consider.

Python modules are very likely using the setup.py style of building and
installing. Not to mention Java, with ant. BSD-derived will use involved
Makefiles, X11 uses imake, sendmail uses m4 for build options, and last
but not least a few manage to do it all with a simple, clean, plain
Makefile. It's simply not possible to collect all the metainfo used at
build time.

Things may be a little different for those systems that handle rpmbuild
themselves (and not the opposite). Python distutils and I think ant can
have rpms as targets. They could put all the relevant metainfo
somewhere.

.TM.
--
     /      /       /                   Marco Colombo