Re: AutoReqProv

On May 31, 2005 4:54:36 PM -0700 Aaron Hanson <a.hanson@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All -

	I've got a an elf exe, 'mysql', which links to libncurses.so.
libncurses.so links to libgpm.so. Now the mysql package %post script
actually invokes 'mysql', so I've added 'Requires(post): ncurses' to the
mysql package.

	This is enough to insure that ncurses is installed before mysql,
but not enough to insure that the gpm package (which contains libgpm.so)
is installed before ncurses.

Well, that's not an rpm dependency; libgpm.so merely needs to be installed
*with* ncurses (not necessarily before).  However, since ncurses must be
installed before mysql, I would expect that this means libgpm must also be
installed before mysql.  (All the corequisites of a prerequisite should also
be prerequisites, I would think.  If not, that sounds like a bug.)  Are you
sure your ncurses package has libgpm as a dependency?  Mine doesn't, but
then my libncurses isn't linked against libgpm.

Also note that you shouldn't list ncurses as a dependency, you should list
libncurses.x.y.

-Frank