Re: Installing into shared NFS server...

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 11:04 -0700, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering how do you tell the .SPEC file not to install into a
> certain path if it already has the same files?
>
> Example:
>
> If /apps/ is the NFS shared server that 10 servers mount to, and I
> install an app in /apps/newapp on the 1st server and then the 2nd
> server will be installing the same file to the same location with some
> files not being on the shared NFS server (some files in local
> server /usr dir).   How do I tell the rpm file not to put files
> into /apps/newapps if that dir has all the files there?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give...

Not quite what you're ask for (that's not possible with rpm AFAIK) but
should help anyway:

Make one of those servers the "master" and only install rpm's from that
one. On the other servers set "%_netsharedpath /apps" in rpm
configuration and rpm wont put anything into /apps on the other hosts.

	- Panu -