Re: The explanation of epoch in Maximum RPM...

On Monday, 28 February 2005, at 13:09:11 (+0100),
Toralf Lund wrote:

> Then how on Earth do you put everything right, if for some reason
> someone has chosen the wrong versioning scheme for earlier releases?

By doing it right, forcing people to manually upgrade whilst directing
their anger and frustration at the idiot who caused the problem to
begin with.

> I think perhaps you missed my point. Should you really do that to
> someone who used a ridiculous version number, but then saw the error
> of their ways?

If they released a package with a version number like that, yes.  It's
called "Natural Selection."  Perhaps you're familiar with it....  :-)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>