Re: Passing passphrase to rpm

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 15:58, James Olin Oden wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:09:54 +0200, Mihai Maties <mihai@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Issue at short:
> >
> > I would like to find out if there is a way to provide the passphrase
> > automatically to rpm so when signing multiple packages I wouldn't have to
> > type the passphrase again and again.
> >
> > My planned alternatives would be:
> > 1. ask you guys (duh!)
> > 2. using 'expect' (I hope it works, I never used it before)
> > 3. patch rpm to not request the passphrase anymore
>
> Expect will work fine, but, just so you know there is a Perl module
> Expect.pm, which if your more comfortable with perl rather than tcl
> you may prefer.  Don't know if there is a similar lib for python.

I already solved the issue using this small 'expect' script that signs all
rpms from the current directory:

<--- cut here --->
#!/usr/bin/expect -f

set timeout -1
spawn sh -c "rpm --resign *.rpm"
match_max 100000
expect -exact "Enter pass phrase: "
send -- "my_nifty_passphrase\r"
expect eof
</--- cut here --->

I was just wondering if there was some other trick that involves only rpm, not
external tools.

Mihai

For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/