Re: Rpm Sharing

On 01/25/2005 01:17:22 PM, JB wrote:

Hello,

I have what appears to be a rather unique question, which has not been
answered on the Internet, rpm website; the one I visited is
http://www.rpm.org/, support pages and linked, or documentation.

I am interested in running an rpm-based distribution that has some new
features, that I have outlined below.

This is not the right list for asking "which distro" I would suggest you go to http://www.linuxquestions.org/ and ask there.

Native support for serial ata. I consider native support as not requiring external drivers at startup or installation. Hyper-Threading Technology

SATA support depends largely on the chipset used for your SATA but many (most?) are currently supported by modern distributions out of the box.

Hyperthreading is supported by any modern distribution.

I looked up where I stand as far as driver support under linux, and luckily my system manufacture already provides native drivers, but their limited on distributions.

      SUSE Linux
      Red Hat Linux 9

There is a good chance the needed drivers will already be included in any modern Linux distribution. Go to website I mentions and ask in the hardware forum, posting info about your hardware - and what distributions you want to run, and you should get an answer.