Re: how to satisfy "perl(XXX::YYY)" dependencies?

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 09:06 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   now, the dag.wieers.com repo doesn't appear to have rpms of the form
> perl-Template or Perl-IO-String (or whatever format it's looking for).
> based on what you've explained, at this point, unless i can find
> explicit rpms to satisfy those dependencies, i'm screwed.  is this
> correct?

Nope.

Dag is probably building on another repository - most likely Fedora.us,
which is supposed to be becoming Fedora Extras.... except they have
closed down whilst they get themselves organised for FC3 so you could be
screwed....

However, its probably easier to get cpan2rpm
	http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/

You can then do
	cpan2rpm IO::String

and install the resultant rpm (even better, add it to your local yum
repo).

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]