Re: Dependencies

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 03:43:08PM +0100, Marco Welter wrote:
> but the rpmbuild - command give me also these dependencies:
> perl(SL::Form) perl(SL::Inifile) perl(SL::Mailer) perl(SL::Num2text)
> Thats no original perl modules. There are defined in a .pm File (package
> Form;)

Yep; that's magically generated from "use" statements in perl scripts found
somewhere in your resulting package.

> Must I create 4 perl RPM Files ? Can I say the rpmbuild command, that
> this are no dependencies ?

You can filter them out. (See the perl-URL package in Fedora Core for an
example of how this is done.) Or you can not include or patch out the files
that are causing these requirements. Or, there's also the possibility that
RPM is right in the first place and that you actually _do_ need those.

Also -- the perl-DBD, etc., dependencies are probably also being
automatically found, so you don't need to specify those manually.

Also, #2: instead of requiring "httpd", you could require "webserver", a
generic virtual dependency provided by the httpd package and theoretically
by any replacement httpd which may also work with your program.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>