Re: apparent circular dependency

On Wednesday, 24 November 2004, at 09:15:19 (+0100),
Diana Bosio wrote:

> And in any case having an rpm requiring and providing the very same
> file is not logical and very confusing, it sounds like a hack, and
> an ugly one at that.

It's not at all confusing, and it's certainly quite logical.  Take
bash for example.  It requires /bin/sh and /bin/bash for shell scripts
(e.g., %post).  This is perfectly valid and predictable.  bash also
provides these things, obviously, which is again perfectly valid and
predictable.

The real problem here is that your script needs to be enhanced to
account for these things.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>