Re: rpm requirments (by version)

Hi,

I am not too sure whether this type of switch is provided. Pls correct
me If anyone knows. But I think by writing a script we can get the
list of installed rpm needed by package. e.g

#rpm -q --whatprovides `rpm -qp --requires xyz-1.0-1.i386.rpm`

command will list the rpm package used by xyz-1.0.1.i386.rpm before installing.

---Brijesh

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:48:18 +0200, John Que <qwejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that rpm -qR name_of_rpm_package shows me a list of libs that the
> libs which are required by this rpm ( also : rpm -q --requires
> name_of_rpm_package
> does the same).
>
> Is there a way to know the (first level) rpms that this rpm requires?
>
> for example,
> for , it requires:
> apr-0.9.4-11.i386.rpm
> db4-4.2.52-3.1.i386.rpm
> apr-util-0.9.4-14.i386.rpm
>
> and some more . Is there any command (or something else , except
> discovering it by installing) to know which rpm and WHICH VERSIONS of these
> rpms we need for this rpm ?
> (I mean a command that we can run , for example , on a machine where
> the httpd-2.0.49-4 is installed; (or , is it a way to discover it from the
> rpm
> file itself?)
>
> reagards,
> John