Re: Owner/group while building SRPMs

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Bryan Stillwell wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 03:18:38PM -0400, James_Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Ok.. which I then must ask the question, if you are building RPMs as a
> >non-root user, why do you want the ownership to be set to root?  Is it
> >because you don't want people to see your username? This sounds like just
> >a cosmetic thing.
>
> It doesn't complain about the user not existing if it's owned by root,
> and yes it is more of a cosmetic thing.  I was just looking to see if
> there was a way to change options sent to rpm's cpio...

That sounds like your getting this message when the source tarball is
unpacked by %setup?  If this is the case you just need to create your
tarball with the options you mentioned above.   RPM does not create the
source tarball, you do.  It just packages it up into the SRPM (replace
tarball with cpio archive if you archive your sources that way).

Cheers...james

----
This message has been scanned by BitDefender
and found to be clean.