Re: Owner/group while building SRPMs

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 07:18:58PM +0100, Paul Nasrat wrote:
>rpm uses it's own cpio implementation rather than exec'ing cpio.
>
>To be honest it's not really that big a deal - it's only for SRPMS, so
>those experiencing the warning are going to be rebuilding rpms which is
>a different class of user than installing the software.  The sanity of
>building as non-root is worth the annoyance of the user not exist
>message.

I haven't looked at the code yet, but based off your comments it seems
that currently there is not a way to change the method in which rpm calls
its copy of cpio...

It's mostly a cosmetic thing, but I would find SRPMs that print warnings
of users and groups not existing to be of amateur quality and not of a
professional quality that I would like to display.

Bryan

--
Aspen Systems, Inc.    | http://www.aspsys.com/
Production Engineer    | Phone: (303)431-4606