Re: Avoiding strip when building

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 18:54 -0400, James Olin Oden wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Hal Wine wrote:
>
> > Panu Matilainen wrote, around 10/08/2004 05:12 AM:

> > > %define __spec_install_post :
> >
> > or
> >   %define __spec_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
> > to at least to that
> >
> OK, this is heinous, but you can add the following to the end of your
> %install script:
>
> 	exit 0

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i went with
__spec_install_post /bin/true

And that does the job nicely.

Any hints on how to turn of the perl dependency checking?

Coding standards here say:
module will be called lower_case.pm and the requires/modulename will be
LowerCase.

This is causing me problems while packaging, as it appears the requires
and provides sections of rpmbuilds checking are lookinh at different
things expecting htem to be the same different things.

I'm confused after reading the above... and I've encountered the
problem. I'll provide and exaple in the next couple of days.

Carl

--
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NAUTRONIX LTD.

If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this email in error and use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.

Although our computer systems use active virus protection software, and we take various measures to reduce the risk of viruses being transmitted in e-mail messages and attachments sent from this company, we cannot guarantee that such e-mail messages and attachments are free from viruses on receipt.  It is a condition of our using e-mail to correspond with you, that any and all liability on our part arising directly or indirectly out of any virus is excluded.  Please ensure that you run virus checking software on all e-mail messages and attachments before reading them.