Unresolved symbols?

All -

I have built an RPM to install the kernel module for the the HP/Atalla AXL600L SSL Accelerator Card (http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/security/axl600l/).  It is probably a pretty ugly package compared to the fancy stuff I've seen on this list, but it almost works.

I am having a weird problem though.  After I install it, I run '/sbin/depmod -a' in %post.  I always get the message:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.9-e.48smp/kernel/drivers/crypto/axl/atbxl.o

and the RPM installation fails.  I work around it by running '/sbin/depmod -q' instead, but it still irritates me that I am getting this error - it tells me that there is something broken that needs to be fixed.

What is that error and how can I fix it?  Is there an easy answer for a non-programmer such as myself?

Thanks!
--
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, CNE, MCSE, MCT
Consultant

The opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect those of my employer, Bank of America.