Re: RPM 4.1 on Tru64

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 00:15, Krishna Aparna wrote:
> Hi
>    I am having trouble with RPM on TRU64. Our development environment has
> RPM 4.1 on tru64 nad the production has RPM 3.0. The package that was
> created using RPM 4.x is not recognized by the older version RPM(RPM 3.0).
> Is RPM not backward compatible?

No. You must upgrade rpm on the target machine.

There is a particular version of rpm you must install as a stepping
stone when upgrading, since even the rpm rpm will not be recognized by
the older rpm program. I just cannot remember the the version number,
but I think you will find it on the net once you know about the problem.
(Was it 4.0.5, fellows?)

(You can always boot strap the new rpm from sources, though.)

-Enrique