Re: Compiling rpm statically?

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 14:01:36 PM -0400, Jeff Johnson (jbj@xxxxxxxxxx)
wrote:

> Edit Makefile.am, uncomment the -all-static...

OK, thanks, we'll try this.

> You might also be better off with the rpm support in busybox if you
> are trying to creata a rescue mode disk.

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow you here. What we need to do is fit in
one or two floppies a shell script which asks questions and then
installs selected FCn packages with the corresponding rpm static
binary. We use busybox to provide all the commands needed by our shell
script(s). Said this, may I ask you to elaborate a bit more on your
statement above?

Thanks again,

Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Our inventions are wont to be pretty toys, which distract our attention
from serious things. They are but improved means to an unimproved end,
an end which it was already but too easy to arrive at; as railroads
lead to Boston or New York. We are in great haste to construct a
magnetic telegraph from Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be,
have nothing important to communicate. -- H. D. Thoreau, 1854