Re: useradd rpm

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 17:59, Dop's wrote:
> Ok, I resolve the problem with user, I got a problem with the rpm list
> installed in the sistem, how can I re-create the rpm list of installed
> programs ?

Before anything else, back up the directory /var/lib/rpm and
subdirectory: cp -a /var/lib/rpm /some-fs-with-room/tmp-rpm

Could it be that you made some typoo in the recovery of the user and
group 'rpm'?

Check: ls -l /var/lib/rpm

Does the result show the owner and group as 'rpm' or as something else,
eg. numbers?

If it is not 'rpm', it could be that rpm is unable to read the old
database.  I do not know if rpm drops privileges during part of its
work, if so, you would need to correct that problem first.

My system has /bin/bash rather than /sbin/nologin as the login shell.
I think I made a fresh install of Fedora Core 1, I don't remember for
sure, it could have been Redhat 9, and upgrade since then. I think this
is unlikely to matter, though.

Try: rpm --rebuilddb

Regards,
Enrique