Re: Antwort: Re: rpmbuild using more than one cpu

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 johannes.grumboeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Looks good for normal packaging but I only do "rpmbuild -bb" and so don't
> do "make".
> I want to run rpmbuild on more than one cpu.

I am not sure what that would buy you if you could.  RPM seririally walks
through the build process and has no knowledge of what could be
parallelized.  Make on the other hand does.  Note the reason make macro
was mentioned is most specfiles in their %build script call make to build
the software, and many use rpm's make macro thus allowing you to do what
the person described.  I might be missing something though.

Cheers...james