buildarchtranslate equiv. in specfile

Trying to produce LSB-compliant rpms from srpms
on a couple of architectures is problematic
due to variances between distributions. The
two specific cases that have given me trouble
are the ix86 family, which to follow the LSB
must use an i486 architecture (but distributions
may variously default this to i386, i486 or i586);
and the ppc64 architecture (which distributions
may default to ppc64, powerpc64, or ppc64pseries).
In this latter case, rpm (at least 4.2 and earlier)
doesn't by default provide buildarchtranslate
rules like it does for many other architectures;
in the former it's just distro choice.

This is easily worked around by adding the
desired buildarchtranslate rules to a local
.rpmmacros file.

Problem is, when somebody downloads an sprm and
rebuilds from it, I can't be sure our customized
macros are in place... nor do I like the idea
of forcing this on people as they'll forget they
put the macros in place and then it affects
the building of non-LSB packages, too.

Is there a way to force this same translation
just from information in the specfile?

Thanks,

Mats