question on "proper" naming of RPMs

Hi folks:

  So I have a package that someone else wrote, but I am building spec
files for.  We are going to have multiple versions of this package.
Assume the package is named application.  It is version 1.0.1.  And, we
have i686, x86_64, and .src rpms planned.

  Ok, simple naming suggests they should be constructed as

	application-1.0.1-1.i686.rpm
	application-1.0.1-1.x86_64.rpm
	application-1.0.1-1.src.rpm

with relevant targets (i686 and x86_64) in the spec file.  Ok.  This
works now with no fiddling.

Now, we have an mpi version of the above.  We do not want to package it
together with the original, but build it as a separate rpm.

Here is the question:  When naming this, should we look at

	application-mpi-1.0.1-1.i686.rpm

or

	application-1.0.1-1mpi.i686.rpm

Is there a (defacto or otherwise) standard?  Thanks!

Joe

--
Joe Landman <landman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>