CC and CFLAGS, and a naming question

Folks:

  I want to respect the users CC and CFLAGS settings in the RPM.  That
is, if CC is defined, use it, rather than the default.  If CFLAGS are
defined, then use them (or append to them).

  How would I go about something like this?  Also, is there any
"standard" on how to name the application based upon extra options like
pvm or mpi dependence?  Should it be a "different" source spec file for
each bit (seems excessive)?

  Thanks!

Joe

--