Re: RPM features and reasons to upgrade to the current version.

RPM 4.0.4 and later provides transaction support for RPM.

>>> mhoneyfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx 4/29/2004 2:19:42 PM >>>
Hello.

I am working with RPMv3.0.x at this sage. I would like to see RPMv4.x.x
put in use. However, the person in charge of such choices will not
accept my answer of "Because we should..."

So....

Can people here tell me why, both technically and for an end user, we
should move from RPMv3.0.x (which is working fine) to the current
version?

Just to help narrow things down....

We have no interest in the python API bindings, well, I do, but I am
not making the choices.

We have no interest in writing specs in xml.

So other than those two features... what else it there?

Mike