Re: rpm -ivh successfull but install through C - API fails

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Ram Prakash R wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have a strange problem. I have built a RPM wchich has a %pre
> section as below
>
> %pre
> if [ -d /opt/running ] ; then
>     if [ ! -L /opt/nimRunning ]; then
>         ln -sf /opt/running /opt/nimRunning
>     fi
> fi
>
>   This RPM installs without any problem through the CLI (rpm -ivh
> my.rpm). But through a C program using the RPM - APIs it fails with the
> following error
>
>   error: %pre(hub1000-3.2.0.1-1) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
>   error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping
> hub1000-3.2.0.1-1
>
> I suspected the script and tried with an empty %pre section with no
> change in the outcome.
>
> Can someone please point to me what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ram Prakash. R

In your C prgram do:

	rpmIncreaseVerbosity();
	rpmIncreaseVerbosity();

Should already have included rpmio.h for most anything to work.
Anyway, do this recompile and re-test capturing the extremely verbose
output.   First look through it your self, and if it seems to provide no
clues, send at least the part where your scriptlet is running, and we'll
see if we can help you.

Cheers...james