rpmbuild --rebuild --target=mips-linux-gnu ./x.src.rpm

Hello all;

I have searched high and low and I hope I am not duplicating a question,
but I had made the assumption that the --target allows a user to build
for a specific alternate target (cross-compile) an rpm. Is this true?

It seems to set up the proper value in the --target of the configure
line; however, this value is not used to compute the fact that we are
cross-compiling.

Is there something I'm missing?

A short sample output is included below:

Cheers,

 -=chris

Building target platforms: mips-linux
Building for target mips-linux
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.84947
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/cjones/rpm/BUILD
+ cd /home/cjones/rpm/BUILD

<SNIP>

+ ./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=mips-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr
--exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin
--sysconfdir=/usr/etc --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include
--libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/usr/var
--sharedstatedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/man --infodir=/usr/info
--libdir=/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib

checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...

Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.
-- Kahlil Gibran