Installing multiple packages + failed pre-scripts

Hi all,

First I want to introduce myself because I'm new to this list.
My name is Johannes and I'm working on  a deployment system
with rpm (+apt-get) and installp packages.

I've got a problem now with the following constellation:
- I've got package A and package B.
- A has a "%require B" dependency.
- A should be installed on some machine, so B is going to be installed
also.
      (Everything fine so far :-)
- Unfortunately the %pre of B exits 1, because of some error.
      (And here's my problem !)
- B is "skipped" by rpm and the installation of A is following.
- A is completely installed.
- rpm -qa shows A but not B, and apt-get told me that there's a dependency
failure,
   because of B is not installed. (which is clear)

So, here's my question:
How can I tell rpm not to simply skip a package but also to abort the
installation,
because of a forecoming dependency failure?!
(Or is it possible to tell apt-get also?  ....
I hardly can find a mailing list for apt-get, but that's another story)

Thanks in advance,
best regards,
Johannes
Johannes Grumböck