Re: Can i build/output .rpm package to directory other than /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 directory?

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Tim,
>
> Spot on!
>
> I created the ~/.rpmmacros file and declare the %_topdir to be the top
> directory of all my SPECS and RPMS directories and it works. Thank you for
> your information.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1. I dont seems to be able to find any documentation on how to use rpmmacros,
> would you please let me know where i can find them?

Though don't exist to my knowledge, but lots of good examples are in
/usr/lib/rpm/macros.  Also, work is underway to update maximum rpm.  There
might already be some updates that can be found at:

	http://rpm-devel.colug.net

> 2. How can i also specify the location of rpmmacros? I would like to create a
> copy only in the build directory with other source and misc files.

That is what the rpmrc file is used for.  It has the macrofiles directive.
Again, cpanflute2, is swimmingly great example.

> 3. I noticed that it will create the .rpm files under i386 directory. Is it a
> correct behaviour? Can I change it?

That is the default behavior.  You can change this...see cpanflute2.

Cheers...james