Re: rpm 4.3 on FC1: Berkeley DB library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get rpm 4.3 working on FC1 (and earlier RHL
> versions). I configured with "--without-selinux", and the built went
> fine. As soon as I install rpm 4.3 on the FC1 machine I get
>
> # rpm -qa
> rpmdb: Berkeley DB library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments
> error: db4 error(22) from dbenv->open: Invalid argument
> error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Invalid argument (22)
> error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
> no packages
> # /usr/lib/rpm/rpmdb_stat -CA -h /var/lib/rpm
> db_stat: Berkeley DB library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments
> db_stat: DB_ENV->open: /var/lib/rpm: Invalid argument

Make sure you removed the /var/lib/rpm/__db* files.  This is something I
had to do to run rpm 4.3 on a RH 9 box.  Let me know if this does not
help.

Cheers...james

P.S. Though compiling it without the selinux stuff is the right thing to
do on these boxes, just so you know , you can download the various fedora
selinux packages and put them on the box and then compile with it enabled.
It appears to work fine in such a strange environment.