Re: End User License Agreement Using RPM?

This is the mechanism we use when we HAVE to have the EULA accepted before we can allow the RPM to be installed. But the preferred solution for us to to ask the EULA question immediatly on launch of the application itself. If the user doesn't agree, the software refuses to continue running.

--Mark

Perry Hutchison wrote:
Does anyone know a way to incorporate a EULA into a command line RPM
"install?"  Is it true that there is absolutely no way to query the
user for input inside of %pre?  If I can't find a way to meet this
requirement, my boss is going to recall the use of RPM from our
project's plan.  RPM seems to be a very useful and powerful tool, and
it would be really disappointing if we have to omit it because of
this.

No. Rpm isn't the right place to do that, one of the design goals of rpm is the guarantee of non-interactive installation. Ask the EULA-question on first software launch per each user instead.

Or distribute the RPM in an EULA wrapper:
  user runs install program
    install program does EULA stuff
    install program extracts RPM from wrapper
    install program invokes rpm to install the unwrapped RPM.