Re: how to change dependencies?

Once upon a time, James Olin Oden <joden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> > I didn't set any dependencis, rpmbuild seems to find it itself within
> > the %install-macro. How can I change this or how can I disable automatic
> > dependency checking?
> >
> It sure does and you don't want to change this.  Your scripts do use these
> perl modules, and so they do depend on them.

Not always, and that is the problem with perl dependency checking.
There are a number of modules that will look for other modules; if they
are found, more functionality and/or integration is possible, but if
they are not, the first module still does what it says it does.  There
is no way for a script to be able to tell this; it _must_ be done by
hand (so I end up disabling auto-dependency generation and list them
manually).

It would be nice to be able to allow auto-dependency generation, but
exclude certain modules (something like "NoRequires: blah").

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>