Re: /usr/lib or /usr/libexec?

*/lib is reserved for libraries generally
*/libexec is reserved for executables initiated by an already runing program.

linux from scratch limits the use of libexec and we use the option
--with-libexec=/usr/bin or /usr/sbin in most cases to eliminate a libexec
directory which ends up holding very very few files at all.

I suggest you use /usr/lib for your things. But why do you want to keep them
separated into subdirectories? One of the reasons for using package
management systems is to eliminate this need of separating each package into
subdirectories.

--
Scot Mc Pherson <scot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~scot/