Re: new metadata format for repositories

seth vidal wrote :

> Take a look at the above program, run it against a set of packages and
> see what bugs you can find.
> I'd encourage anyone looking for explanations of the format to look at
> the dtds and look at the mailing list archives:
> https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-metadata/
>
> let me know what is broken or not-quite-right.

Generating the repodata works fine for me. A quick glance at the gzipped
xml files shows nothing unusual... it even looks like like they pretty much
contain what is said in the documentation ;-)

Great work. Many thanks to you seth and all the others who participated in
getting this common representation finally together. It's going to make
repository administrators' life so much easier, as well as open great new
possibilities wrt package indexing and searching.

Let me know when/if there is a daily yum snapshot which starts using this
repodata, as I'd be more than glad to generate it for all ayo.freshrpms.net
and ask for massive testing :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2163.nptl
Load : 1.00 1.05 0.80