Re: Documentation about how to create a patch rpm package

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 09:28:04AM -0500, James Olin Oden wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Klaus Schrod wrote:
> > I need to create a patch rpm package for a bigger rpm packege. I want to
> > change only one or two files in this big package and for several reasons
> > I am not able to distribute a new version of the big package.
> >
> > Does anybody know a documentation how to create patch rpms?

> RPM does not support patching perse.  It supports upgrading existing
> packages.  The end result of upgrading a package gives you the same thing
> as "patch" rpm would except that you do have redistribute the entire rpm.

There is a patched version of rpm distributed by Suse offering "patch
rpm" support. Isn't that the way Suse deploys updates to reduce
bandwidth consumption?

http://www.freestandards.org/pipermail/packaging/2003-March/000214.html

But I also don't know where to find documentation (I haven't seen it
in action either).
--
Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx